Thursday, August 10, 2006

Cool sites and some other mindless chatter

Hey, everybody! I guess it's about time I wrote another blog entry…man, I'm so bad at keeping in touch...Actually though, I did write some stuff to put on here, but I had been procrastinating a bit about posting it, and I have some revisions to make. Will post soon.

A while ago, I had found meebo.com and thought it was a really cool idea. You can log in to your AIM, Yahoo Messenger, ICQ, MSN or Gtalk accounts through this website without having to download any programs. It's especially good if you are using a computer that is not your own to access the internet. I usually access the computer with my own computer, so it didn't seem much use to me, however, I logged on recently while I was using somebody else's computer and found that you can put little chat boxes on your website, so when you're online, and people come to your website, they can chat with you right away...neat, huh? My meebo box is on my myspace and this blog, so if you catch me online when you visit my page, be sure to let me know what you think!

Anyway, I've been doing some surfing, and I've found some cool sites of note. Three of them are blogs and the other is a "regular" website...

Cute Overload

So this is where it all started...I was looking through the Webby Award winners, and I found this neat little blog, where everything makes you go, "LOOK! IT'S SOOOOO CUTE!" and "AWWWW..." I love cute pictures, and this has some of the cutest. I had had some trouble viewing the pictures on the website, but all I had to do was subsribe to the RSS feed, and I was able to get my daily dose of cuteness.

Baruchito's Homecage

I found this delightful website through Cute Overload. The "author" of this blog is a hamster named Baruchito who lives in Japan. I've never had a hamster before, but Baruchito's stories about his life are really cute.

Hemmy.net

This blog is a little hard to descibe, but they say it's updated daily, so that's good. Each post is pretty much an interesting picture, video or a funny story. Definately a site to peruse when you're bored.

Dogster.com

I LOVE this website! I found it while flipping through Bark Magazine. It's kind of like myspace for dogs! You sign up and then post pictures of your dog and their bio, and you can write a diary for your dog. It's a whole big community of dog lovers. There are pup pals, groups and forums. I don't have a dog yet, but I miss the ones I have had. I love to just take random strolls on Dogster. There's another version of the website called Catster, but I'm more of a dog person.

*Yawn* I'm getting sleepy! I better go to bed now. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment